http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
SERVER NAME: CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
PRO-REDEEMER / PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer / PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer + FOOD FIGHT

IP: 68.232.181.236:7777

eightg

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by eightg » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Hey guys,

Kudos for starting this page - it'd be a shame to see UT99 totally wiped out, so much nostalgia.

I'm 30 from Manchester, UK - played UT heavily through college / uni and still love the game. Way back I used to play TDM regularly and remember being in a clan called the Pyrotechnics and we used to be in a Clanbase league - good times! I remember having homed in on a fairly ridiculous sniper aim with a Logitech Dual Optical mouse and I was constantly practicing aim - not quite the same anymore haha though mouse tech has moved on considerably so just need some practice (sniper arena / instagib!) Deck 16 is my favourite map though 1v1s on Codex / Stalwart are always fun.

I booted UT up tonight and was puzzled by the lack of Multiplay servers, then I did some Googling and discovered the announcement of them closing down :( They were the only servers to ever be active and now they're gone there was barely any servers with decent pings and > 3 players so I hope this group can pick up!

I've added the new Multiplay DM#13 server as a favourite and will keep an eye on it.

Good to meet you guys!

Mike

Pileyrei
Site Admin

Post by Pileyrei » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:55 am

Hey Mike

A big thanks for joining up to the forums here.

Yes Multiplay closed its doors to us earlier this year. It was inevitable given they had provided us with 34 free servers for 9 years!
We held on as long as we could!

I've provided two servers for now. Hopefully your ping on the Deck server should be good.

Traffic on there has been up and down and so I'll be adding a few versions of Deck on rotation (no mapvote) to spice things up a little.
If its not popular or disliked I can easily revert.

Great to hear your story - don't be a stranger!

Please do join the Deck server even if empty. That way others will hopefully join on.
The bots have been set to pretty challenging at least :D
Our Servers

makemeunreal

Post by makemeunreal » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:22 am

Hi there.

Some of you may know me from different forums. :tele:

Pileyrei
Site Admin

Post by Pileyrei » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:19 am

makemeunreal wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:22 am
Hi there.

Some of you may know me from different forums. :tele:
Welcome to you!
Our Servers

papercoffee

Post by papercoffee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 am

Hi there.
I'm papercoffee. Designer of the Food Fight mod for UT. And made some crazy experiMental maps.
My home-base is usually UT99.org but I visit sometimes other forums.
I'm a comic artist and run my own online Comic... I'll update my profile later with links and stuff. :mrgreen:

evilgrins

Post by evilgrins » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Most of you probably already know me, but for those that don't... Hi!

I'm a self-taught skinner and editor of maps. Never learned how to make maps from scratch, exactly (though Hermskii tried to teach me the basics) and at this point I don't much see the point as by the time I got the knack for it we'll all probably be in retirement homes.

Most of my skinning I made from other skins, kind of use existing skins as spare parts. Primarily Male Soldier model, some Skaarj.

I also take a disturbing amount of screenshots.
Attachments
skin skaarj.png
skin skaarj.png (667.61 KiB) Viewed 900 times
skin nitwit.png
skin nitwit.png (217.81 KiB) Viewed 900 times
skin gorn.png
skin gorn.png (144.62 KiB) Viewed 900 times

Pileyrei
Site Admin

Post by Pileyrei » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:49 pm

Awesome introductions.

Welcome papercoffee and evilgrins :D
Our Servers

renegade

Post by renegade » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:08 am

Hey All,

I have been playing UT99 for as long as I have been gaming, figured I should definitely sign up here! In addition to unreal tournament I also play team fortress classic, HL2: Deathmatch, Quake (quakeworld, ql,and I plan on buying quake champions soon) and a few others. My favorite UT gameplay mode would have to be CTF mainly due to all my years playing high level CTF in TFC (must be addicted), but that being said I am pretty happy playing any game mode in UT. I checked out your guys' servers and I ping pretty well to them even though I live in Canada, love the all weapons Deck16 server especially, the nostalgia with that map gets me every time :geek:.

I heard about this community through Pileyrei who, funny enough, signed up on my retro FPS community page, [=PR=] Gaming (link in signature). We mainly play UT99, TFC, and HL2:DM all of which we have a server for, I put the UT99 server info in the signature as well in case anyone wants to drop by! I have been trying to decide on mods/mutators for our CTF server so I installed RocketCTFBoost and I am having a great time with it, the rocket jumping is insane! I am also thinking about making it an all weapons server as well but am undecided, I am open to input!

Our UT server's map list can be found here: http://prgaming.pcriot.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=25 we have a few pretty cool ones mostly designed for small games.

Anyways nice to see there are like minded people like myself and like others from my community who can't put the old school games down!

Feel free to stop by our forums and say Hi and let me know if you guys are interested in getting some games going! we are looking for more UT players to game with :mrgreen:

Pileyrei
Site Admin

Post by Pileyrei » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Welcome renegade. Great introduction and thank you for signing on.

Frag you soon.

Piley :snipe:
Our Servers